Mendel Art Gallery

» Franšais

Virtual Museum Canada Musée Virtuel Canada
Qu'appelle Past Present Future  
Timeline Tales Fort San Youth Exhibition Poitras
Timeline
 
''
''

John W. Gibson (1872–1959) Fort San, c. 1930

1913: Fort San construction begins

The first Saskatchewan Tuberculosis Sanatorium was established by the Saskatchewan Anti-Tuberculosis League.

Construction began in the summer of 1913 and the Fort Qu’Appelle Sanatorium—commonly referred to as “Fort San”—officially opened its doors in 1917.

John W. Gibson (1872–1959)
Fort San, c. 1930
Hand-coloured Vintage gelatin silver print
21.5 x 68.5 (frame)
Collection of P. J. Ring, Winnipeg

'' '' ''